Some paths you may be aware of, and others you may not. If you’re looking to extend or vary your walking route, take a look at the footpaths you can get on to from the village.
You are invited to participate.
The meeting will take place remotely on Tuesday May 4th at 7.30pm.
Chairman of Marston Sicca Parish Council
- To accept any apologies for absence
- Report from the Parish Council Chairman Ian Johnsey
- Report from County and District Councillors
- Reports from Parish Organisations
- Any matters arising from electors of the Parish present
Local Government Act 1972 – Section 87(2)
MARSTON SICCA PARISH COUNCIL
Notice of vacancy for a Parish Councillor
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT:
- A casual vacancy has occurred in the office of Councillor for Marston Sicca Parish Council, caused by the resignation of a Councillor on the 6th April 2021
- An election to fill the vacancy will be held, if by the 28th April 2021, a request for such an election is made in writing to the Returning Officer, Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HX by ten local government electors for Marston Sicca.
- If an election is not requested, Marston Sicca Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
Dated this 8th April 2021
Clerk to Marston Sicca Parish Council
6 School Street
From Monday 26th October, the UBUS demand-responsive minibus service will offer a much-improved service in Stratford District, and there will be changes to a number of Flexibus services in the area.
All Towns and Parishes in Stratford-on-Avon District will now have a UBUS operating every day Monday – Friday. The service will operate from 0930 until 1900, except between 1430 and 1630 on school days. This gives a substantial increase in the number of potential journeys that can be made. The Booking Centre is open from 0830 to 1800 making it easier to book journeys. Bookings can still be made by calling 01789 264491. Fares on the service are £4.00 single and £6.00 return, however Concessionary Passes will also now be valid for travel on the service making it hugely beneficial to the majority of passengers.
The UBUS service is available to anybody who is unable to make their journey by normal public transport or if they have mobility impairment as the vehicles are also wheelchair-friendly. There are 5 operating zones and passengers can travel anywhere in their local area or to Stratford-upon-Avon. Passengers in Parishes within the Southam area will only be able travel to Leamington Spa and not Stratford-upon-Avon. Full details can be found in the attached dedicated UBUS information sheet.
Warwickshire County Council will now be jointly funding the UBUS service and as a result has reviewed all of the Flexibus services it operates within the area and withdrawn those services where there is direct duplication and reduced operating days on less well used services.
Due to the present extraordinary circumstances, opening hours for the shop and post office will be:-
8:00am – 2:00pm – Weekdays
8:00am – 1:00pm – Weekends
Post Office hours
9:00am – 2:00pm Monday – Thursday
9:00am – 12:00pm Friday
Closed – Weekends
These times may change so please check regularly.
A number of sheep have been mauled by a dog, resulting in serious injuries with one possibly having to be destroyed.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL DOGS ARE KEPT ON A LEAD WHEN WALKING THROUGH FIELDS, PUBLIC FOOTPATHS OR NEAR TO LIVESTOCK. DOGS MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO ROAM FREE AND UNSUPERVISED.
Farmers will not hesitate to shoot any dog caught attacking their animals.