Marston Sicca Parish Council

Text only site map | accessibility

April 2008

Minutes of Marston Sicca Parish Council Meeting
held on Monday 21st April 2008 at 7.30 pm in the Village Hall
Present: Councillors J and S Matthews, M Brain, S Gillespie, L Kiener, T Lightfoot, J
8 Members of the public
1. Open Session
Mr Johnson gave MB press cuttings relating to the Eco Development from
Engineering Magazines, as a further source of information .

2. Apologies – I Seccombe.

3. Declaration of Interest – none

4. Confirmation of Minutes
The minutes of the meeting held on 17th March 2008 were agreed and signed.

5. Matters Arising – not covered under agenda items
Village Info Sheet - On-going. LK to help JM to complete

6. County Councillor’s Report – None

7. District Councillor’s Report
Concentration on the anti Eco campaign – See Agenda item

8. Planning
No items

9. Finance

JM presented a summary of Income and Expenditure to 31.03.08 , and a Bank
reconciliation as at 31.03.08 – see separate sheets.
These were reviewed and agreed

The following payments were also agreed:

Village Hall Hire £10.00
Feb Newsletter – TJ Design £82.00
SDC – Website expenses £1098.92
Limebridge – grass cutting excl church £101.05
Total £1291.97

Insurance quotations had been received, but it was agreed that J Cummings would
have the alternatives checked before making a commitment. If cover comparable
unanimously agreed to go with cheapest quote.

Renewal of WALC membership agreed.

10. Computer/Broadband Update
J Cummings had provided a Laptop. LK reported that unfortunately due to other
commitments no further progress had been made.

11. Traffic speed/Vehicle Activated Sign
TL presented a proposal – see separate sheets. A decision relating to the load which
can be taken on lamp posts still awaited.
MB stated that grants may be available , and that insurance cost would need to be

TL given authority to pursue in principle.
Agreed that when ready to install, an advisory letter would be circulated to village.

12. Flood Team Update
See separate report.
TL advised that BTTV were undergoing conservation projects and may be useful to
enhance areas where landowners are defaulting on responsibilities. Information to be
given to John Spittle.

13. Airfield
A copy of a letter to SDC had been received from Anthony Hodges. JM read extracts
from this document, which offers SDC an alternative scheme to the proposed Eco
development to aid with housing need of 2500 houses as part of a charitable trust to
help local people. It would be mixed housing and occupants would be required to
stay for 30 years. Energy to be provided within the Government sustainability policy.
MB stated that information was limited, ie no specific details available. He expressed
concern that if the Eco Town is approved, this development may be implemented in
addition. At present – there was no actual planning application for airfield.

Agreed that this did confuse the whole issue.

14. Long Marston Storage/St Modwens/Eco town
The action group opposing the Eco development had been rebadged as BARD, and
a number of subcommittees formed. Ian Dove – a top QC had been appointed, and
the opposition had appointed an equivalent solicitor. Traffic assessment was in
Professional costs expected to be of order of £250,000. An anonymous donation of
£100,000 had been received, and John Maples had made a generous personal
donation. All contributions would be well received, and a notice would be placed in
the Newsletter.
A full council meeting is scheduled for May 12th with sole purpose of debating the
Eco proposal. A good show of protesters is required.
A quiet but strong presence is being arranged to coincide with both Shakespeare
birthday celebrations and the marathon.
Now working with a PR company in London for press releases and media coverage,
and a number of celebrities are now supporting BARD.
Concern that the local planning process will be bi-passed if proposal agreed.
Need to continue to campaign at grass roots level and promote to Stratford area.

A lot of work is being put into this campaign, and more volunteers and finance are

15. Village Maintenance
* Wyre Lane barrier ordered.
* Limebridge to be reinstated to cut churchyard. Church committee to be
responsible for any additional requirements for specific occasions.
* No news ref footpaths and church verge.
* Wyre Lane from bend to Greenway – WCC maintain footpath width – think
Severn Trent have some responsibility as have vehicular access.
16. Correspondence
Two folders had been circulated – nothing requiring attention
* A temporary restriction of no right turn at junction of Clifford Road to the
Shipston Road would be in place 25-28 July
* Age concern was introducing a new design service
* Juliette Thomas is requesting vigilance relating to waste as she has had
waste taken from outside her property. Police and SDC aware. Not a Parish
Council responsibility but item would be placed in Newsletter to make village

17. Date of Next Parish council Meeting
May 19th 2008 at 7:30 in village Hall – AGM followed by Parish Meeting

Meeting closed at 8:30 pm

Contact us
Marston Sicca Parish Council |

Further contacts

* *

Printed 22 March 2018 at 23:11 hrs by